Can you identify the GST component of invoices and receipts?
How can you demonstrate the use of percentages and make connections between equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages to FIND the GST on particular products?
2) Complete the discussion questions on your iPad. Copy and paste these questions into the Pages app. Type responses under each question.
3) Let’s hit the shops! Study shopping receipts (dockets).
Collect shopping receipts to look for examples of GST. As a class or individually, answer the following questions:
- What items have GST? Highlight
- What items are GST free? Highlight
- What is the total tax amount included in this receipt?
A helpful resource…
You can refer to the ATO’s website for a listing of GST free foods and beverages
4) Now, look at our School Canteen Pricelist 2015, to complete the following table in your maths grid book!