This blog post will communicate your learning tasks for the day.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday the 13th May with happy smiles, a tub of completed homework and your WebDav folder containing your finished research (Pages docs) to conclude TASK 1 of our integrated inquiry unit. If you get stuck – the rolling whiteboard has the topics you need to research about to explain the culture and traditions of your country.
Session 1: Homework corrections and weekly set-up
Session 2: Creative writing – Select 2 from below! Elaborate, be creative and entertain the audience with your amazing vocab and descriptive language! Have your voice boom through your words on the page! But…..think about your tense!!
- Select a book at random in the room. Find a novel or short story, copy down the last sentence and use this line as the first line of your new story.
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- Write a list of 25 (or just 5!) things you want to do in your life.
- Write a story about ‘What the Neighbors Saw.’
- You read about yourself in your brother/sister diary. What did you read?
- Write a short entry that ends with the line, “The silver dust of moonlight settled coldly on the night.”
- Write a short scenario set in the kitchen of a fast-food restaurant.
Session 3 & 4: Maths – Data Interpretation activity (blog post)
Session 5 & 6: Integrated Curriculum – The final sessions to complete Task 1. Here you were asked to locate enough images to communicate the culture and traditions for your chosen country. Your Pages documents (more than 2) should describe your research in your own words and explain how your country is unique in every way – language, customs, celebrations, lifestyle, education structure, family, housing, sporting interests, food etc etc.