Writers Notebook comes to 6T!

Today 6T we welcome back Writers Notebook! In today’s writing lesson we will be learning a few things:

• Firstly we will be designing our writer’s notebooks front covers, using fine liners. Our front covers will have the heading “(Insert name here) Writers Notebook” in our very best Then you will be drawing 4 – 6 pictures of anything that is important to you! For example, dancing, football, family, pets and/or park. You will have 10 minutes to do this.
  • You will then discuss with a partner for 5 minutes the different pictures you have drawn and why they are important to you.
  • Once you have discussed your pictures with a partner you will then write a short story one of the pictures you have drawn using wonderful descriptive words for the audience to visualize what you are talking about. You will have 15 minutes to do this.
  • A few students will share their creative pieces.
  • To conclude, you are to write a Plus, Minus, Interesting reflection and post your comment to this page ready for next week. For the ‘I’ you are to brainstorm some interesting topics that we could consider for next week.

Thank you 6T, Lets get writing!!!!!! Looking forward to reading your beautiful and well-descripted short stories.

Miss Spencer

6 Comments on Writers Notebook comes to 6T!

1. Riley
    September 3, 2015 at 2:00 am (3 years ago)

Plus.
    You get to relax.
    Minus.
    You miss out on some thing like maths or English.
    Interesting.
    It is something different than we would normally do.

2. Ciara
    September 3, 2015 at 2:01 am (3 years ago)

Dear Miss Spencer,
    Plus I enjoyed writing about something important to us and how we could write the story however we wanted to.
    Minus I wish we could of had a bit more time for the writing seeing as people did not get to complete their work.
    Interesting I found it interesting because it was fun and it’s not really something I have done before. It was also could to try something new.
    From Ciara

3. Nicholas dyer

Dear miss Tomat and miss Spencer
    I really enjoyed this because I could share what I liked with others and express my hobbies and life to my friends around me. This was the time were I could share all my stories from my childhood to now!
    Sincerely Nick

4. Christabel
    September 3, 2015 at 2:02 am (3 years ago)

Dear Miss Spencer,
    This is my PMI I wrote about the first session of Writers notebook,

Plus: I liked that we could express ourselves and design our front cover with drawings or things we like

Minus: We didn’t have much time to write our stories about the picture we chose

Interesting: We had to write anything about the picture we chose, it was an great idea!

From Christabel

5. Sophie inwood

Plus: it was fun getting to write about are own things, I liked making the covers.
    Minus: It would be good if we had a bit longer.
    Interesting: for the next lesson we could maybe have a longer session to write about a memory.
    From Sophie

6. Bailey
    September 3, 2015 at 2:03 am (3 years ago)

To Miss Spencer
    A plus about this activity was that it was really fun, and that I got to share with the class my paragraph about sport

Something you could change is each week we all wright about the same topic and then the next week we all write about a different topic for EG. This week a memory next week why we like it and so on.

From Bailey